Excellent opportunity for a Software Developer
Location: Liverpool, UK
Salary: Excellent Competitive Salary
We are an expanding company who are actively looking to recruit a Software Developer to join our team.
Instem is a world leader in developing solutions for the Pharmaceutical industry with over 40 years’ experience in providing data acquisition and information management solutions for drug safety evaluation. Instem’s solutions are supplied to an international set of blue chip customers.
Instem Clinical leads the way in collecting and reviewing early phase clinical trial data and its world class, market proven Electronic Data Capture software solution ALPHADAS is the 'system of choice' for organisations all over the world. ALPHADAS is used in four continents by small to large early phase clinical research organizations and top 10 pharma companies.The successful candidate will have a rewarding experience learning and developing highly marketable professional skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate functional requirements into design specifications (wire frames, UML diagrams)
- Build web applications and web services components following industry and company standards and procedures as well as best practices
- Write unit tests
- Estimate the time to realise the assigned tasks, and report on progress or issues
- Work with Software Testers on resolving faults
- Train and respond to queries from product specialists
- Assist customer support analysts on issues resolution
- Create and maintain client software such as Site Toolkit, QDAQ, Scheduler and integrations
- Assist Implementation staff in the migration of data and deployments.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behavioural Competencies
- 4 years of C# experience with .NET Framework v4
- An understanding of device communications over serial and USB interfaces
- An understanding of working with REST web services
- Knowledge of the Development Lifecycle
- Awareness of ISO9001
- Awareness of GCP standards
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Work in a professional manner to deliver high quality work either in the form of code or documentation
- Considers documentation and testing an important part of software engineering
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Proactive, collegiate and takes responsibility willingly
- Open, honest, seeks and receives constructive feedback
- Able to travel for business purposes as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field (Computing Science, Applied Science, or Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience.
Salary & Benefits
- Excellent salary
- Opportunities for career progression
- Training provided
- Immediate start available
- Medical insurance cover
The successful candidate can expect a competitive starting salary, a generous holiday allowance and regular performance and pay reviews designed to reward potential. Further to this the company prides itself in staff training and the successful candidate can expect to participate in relevant training schemes concerning our market and products.